Nikkei Index Display Usage
The Nikkei Index can be used in a variety of media, including websites, apps, terminals videos, TV channels, books, reports, and presentations to analyze market trends. It may also be used in a variety of ways, from real-time updates to using only the closing price.
Examples of usage
Compare the closing price with the company's stock price on the website (IR page)
The IR page of the company's website can be used to compare the price movements of the company's stock price and the Nikkei Index on a chart. Please refer to the following for those who are interested in using the service：
Dissemination of market information on brokerage firm websites and information portals
Nikkei Indexes can be displayed on website and mobile application for securities account holders and others who want to know the trend of the stock market.
Providing market information on broadcasting and video contents
Nikkei Indexes can be used to disseminate market information by intermittently displaying the values of the Nikkei Index as shown in the on-screen ticker display in TV programs or video streaming on the websites.
Chart analysis on books and presentation materials
Nikkei Indexes data can be used on books, presentation materials and investment reports that explain and analyze the equity market trends.
Dissemination of market information on building walls and store monitors
Nikkei Indexes can be displayed on building wall monitors to help disseminating market information.
Nikkei Inc. requests every user to follow the three points.
- Please use the official name of each Nikkei Index or the abbreviation specified by Nikkei Inc. for the index name.
- Index data should be obtained from this website or from an authorized information vendor with whom Nikkei Inc. has a contractual agreement.
- Description that the copyright of the Nikkei Indexes belongs to Nikkei Inc. is necessary.
Click here to inquire about a license agreement for Display Usage.
If you would like to use the Nikkei Indexes for display, please send us a summary of your usage plan by clicking the inquiry button below. We will confirm the purpose of use and guide you through the necessary procedures. You may use the data with our permission and approval.
I would like to make a graph using the Nikkei Indexes data from this website, and to put it on my blog. Do I need to get the Nikkei’s permission?
Please explain the purpose of your use and the purpose of your blog. We will inform you of our final decision. We would be happy to discuss this with you firstly.
I will use the Nikkei Indexes data on an external site to create a presentation material. Are there any necessary procedures?
First of all, we would like to ask you to confirm with the external site operator whether there is any problem in using the data for distribution to the third parties. Nikkei Inc. We recommend that you quote the data from this website. Please contact us firstly so that we would guide you the necessary steps.
We are news organization and use the Nikkei Indexes data in our articles and news programs. Do we have to obtain your approval?
If you wish to use our data for a project or a special story in a variety show or a feature article in a print medium, please contact us once. We will guide you through the necessary procedures.
I would like to display and disseminate the constituents list of the Nikkei Indexes. What is the necessary work?
First of all, it is basically a prerequisite that you obtain the data from Nikkei Inc.’s service. and other vendors services which have agreements with Nikkei. You can either use the paid data and mail service, “Premium Data Package”, provided on this site, or you can sign up for the FTP file provision operated by Nikkei Inc.
The contract to use the data is necessary in every case above.
Please note general matters (disclaimer) below to use The Nikkei Indexes
- The Nikkei Indexes, which is calculated by a method independently developed by Nikkei Inc. (hereinafter "Nikkei"), is a copyrightable work. Nikkei owns the copyright and any other intellectual property rights in The Nikkei Indexes themselves, and the method for calculating The Nikkei Indexes and the like.
- The Nikkei Indexes are maintained and operated according to its own rules set by Nikkei Inc. Nikkei Inc. strive to maintain and improve the functionality and neutrality of the indexes through periodic reviews of the constituent stocks and the establishment of an index committee.
- All ownership of trademarks and any other intellectual property rights with respect to marks representing "Nikkei Inc.," "Nikkei," and The Nikkei Indexes belongs to Nikkei. Nikkei has registered the trademark of 日経平均株価（the Nikkei Stock Average in Japanese） since July, 1993 and has registered its service mark since May, 1995 in Japan. "Nikkei Stock Average" and "Nikkei225" have been registered in major foreign countries.
- Nikkei is not obliged to continuously publish The Nikkei Indexes, nor is it liable for any error or delay in, or discontinuation of the publication thereof.
- Nikkei owns the right to change the content of The Nikkei Indexes, such as the calculation method thereof, and the right to suspend the publication thereof.
- Nikkei does not give any warranty, nor is it responsible for any and all financial instruments and the like, which are based on, or otherwise refer to, The Nikkei Indexes.
Other form of Indexes usage
Using as inputting data for algorithmic trading or management of profit and loss
The Nikkei Indexes can be used in a variety of automatic and arithmetic processing in non-display format, including the judgement in the financial trade, risk management in investment, analysis of markets, pricing of derivatives linked to Nikkei Indexes.More details
Formation and sales of financial products including Investment Trusts, and ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds)
A license agreement with Nikkei Inc. is required to create and market financial products, such as investment trusts, ETFs, structured bonds, and futures, which use the Nikkei Indexes.More details